Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The next-gen handhelds

Sony wins on the case design, hands down.



Pretty snazzy looking. I like the trend towards simplistic beauty in electronics (not that overblown look that makes your computer look like a prostitute).


I don't know whether Sony will be able to usurp Nintendo's domination in the market(my gut tells me no). Its pretty ridiculous when a company can just dominate a market not because their product is good, but just because no-one has ever HEARD of anything but a GameBoy (there have actually been about a dozen 3rd-party handhelds that have competed with the GB in the last ten years. All have been met with utter destruction before the unstoppable behemoth that is the GB). I don't think Nintendo even TRY's anymore - its as if God has decreed that the Gameboy must be the only handheld.

I'm sort of wishing for something to come out that merges a PDA with a gameboy. That why I'm rather interested in the Zodiac, and not very interested in the PSP - I don't if I want an mp3 (or OGG) player, I'll buy an iRiver. A gaming PDA... I would buy that in an instant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home