Sunday, October 03, 2004

Uh-oh for hotmail/Outlook Express users

Seems that Microsoft is getting rid of outlook express support for hotmail - despair!

Actually, I think this is a good thing. I've been waiting awhile to ween myself off of hotmail, so that I could replace my email once and for all with my gmail account. And what about websites that I signed up to with hotmail? No problem - I can use fastmail to migrate my accounts, and still be able to access them with outlook (or any email client!). Here is an explanation of how to do that. You need to make a fastmail account, but thats ok, since its free.

This is a big break for third-party email clients like thunderbird and poco mail. Now they are actually USEFUL to hotmail users (like myself).

Here is a cool site: Newegg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home